1) DVD or VHS? VH what?? DVD all the way!
2) Best Literary/Movie Villan: Voldemort (Harry Potter) or Sauron (LoTR)? Since I'm not in to the Lord trilogy (gasp!), I'd have to go with You-Know-Who
3) Meat: rare or well-done? Rare
4) High Speed Internet-Cable or DSL? I wish I had DSL. Living in the country requires be to have Satellite connection. Don't believe the hype! While it's getting better, it's not worth the money.
5) Women: 1-piece bathing suit or Bikini? 1-piece bathing suit, unless I drop 100 pounds!
6) To be fair--Men: Boxers or briefs? Just because I feel the need to answer....I prefer the boxer-briefs on men. Very sexy!
7) Beer or Liquor/Wine? Beer.
8) Coke or Mountain Dew? Coke, Diet Vanilla Coke, to be exact.
9) In honor of my 10/18/03 nuptials: Morning or Afternoon/Night Wedding? Afternoon wedding.
10) Carpet or Hardwood Floors Hardwood floors.
11) American cars or foreign? Foreign. Honda to be specific.
12) Cutest TV Twin: Mary-Kate or Ashley Olsen? I can't answer this, because of the stupidity of the question.....
13) Coffee: Caffeinated or Decaf? Caffeinated!
14) Thought-Provoking Question of the Week: Computers: Do they make life better or worse? Why? Better! Can't believe that we ever lived without a computer.
Not much to update. So far has been a nice summer. Can't believe that July is nearing the end. Where has the time gone? I'm off to Oakland today for a meeting. I'm excited to go, because it's the first time I will be meeting a lot of the other HR Managers in the company. I just wish it didn't take a day of travel to get there and back. Seems like a waste of two days that I could be spending with my family or in the office. Work is dead-on crazy right now. Too much to do and not enough hours in the day to do it. I was there late last night trying to straighten out a mess that I should have just handled last week. Oh well! I've got to stop second guessing myself and just do things when the moment strikes. I've been there now for 5 months now and I can honestly say that I've not been more comfortable, enjoyed my job more, or felt more like I was useful since the early Vertex days (company I started my HR career at back in '92). It's great! I've got a very supportive management team who "gets" HR (although I don't know that they always "get" me!) and a good staff that is anxious to learn and do. All of the employees are great, to boot! Anyways, enough "gushing" about my job. Just let me say I'm so thankful that I found this opportunity!
Home life is good. John just got back from Vegas, and while we really missed him, I'm glad he got himself out West to see Duran Duran and Cait. I think he would have been mopey if he wasn't able to go. Hopefully, once our finances are in shape (hopefully soon, as we are almost caught up!), we will be able to more effectively save for trips out west to see family and friends. It was unfortunate that John had to sell the OB-8 (as it really was part of the family!), but going to the show meant that much to him.
Okay, I said this would be a "little" update, so I'm going now! Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more.....
1. Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck? That's a hard one. You don't get much more classic then Daffy Duck in that one episode where the scene keeps changing and it ends up with Bugs behind the pencil making all of the changes. Or Duck Dodger? But if I have to choose, I'd have to say Bugs.
2. Tom or Jerry? Tom. You've got to appreciate his tenacity.
3. Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck? I have gained a new appreciation for the mouse, although I do enjoy Donald when he is "playing" with his nephews.
4. Rocky & Bullwinkle or Boris & Natasha? Rocky and Bullwinkle, the ultimate couple!
5. Road Runner or Wile E. Coyote? Wile E Coyote, but only when he speaks with that refined British accent. Too funny!
6. Sylvester or Tweety? Sylvester. Tweety is a little too cutesy for me.
7. Popeye or Bluto? Never watched this much, but I'd have to say Popeye...yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck.
8. South Park or The Simpsons? The Simpsons. South Park tends to be a little "out" there for me.
9. Jetsons or Flintstones? Ummm, I'd have to go with the Jetson. Loved George, Rosie, Jane and "Rastro."
10. And finally, the eternal question asked by all good Scooby-Doo fans: Velma or Daphne? Always went with Velma. Thought Daphne was just a ditz.
1. Do you remember your first best friend? Who was it? My first best friend was Tina in the third grade. She lived down the street from me and, as I recall, I spent more time at her house then I did at my own. At school we hung out with a couple of other girls, we were the "weather girls." Wendy, Sonny, Breezy and Tina. Hey! What do expect, we were in 3rd grade!
2. Are you still in touch with this person? She actually contacted me through an e-mail a couple of years ago and we exchanged e-mails. Unfortunately, I hit a bad patch (lay-off) and cut myself out of the world for awhile. I kind of flaked. It's been so long now, how do you just pick up and say, HEY! sorry I was such a flake.
3. Do you have a current close friend? I'm married to my best friend. Other then him, I wouldn't say I have a close "girlfriend" that I hang out with or talk to. I have several good friends here that I've been fortunate enough to have put with me for so long: Sean, Cindi, and Cait. Hell, Cait is still a close friend even after having witnessing me in labor with Sebastian!
4. How did you become friends with this person? John and I met Halloween of 1986 through a mutual friend.
5. Is there a friend from your past that you wish you were still in contact with? Why? There are a few friends I would just like to be able to check in with and see how their lives have progressed and what they are to these days. One of them is Christine and Chris Roe, my best friends when I was in college. She was the maid of honor in my wedding and I was maid of honor in their wedding. We fell out of touch right before Sebastian turned a year old. Last I spoke with them, she was pregnant but never got back in touch with me. I always felt like maybe I did or said something wrong to piss them off. Even went so far as to send an e-mail a couple of years later to find out what happened. I never had "closure." Another person I think would be cool to find out where he is in his life is Jeff Palmrose. He and I were good friends for awhile and just dropped out of contact. Last I heard he was somewhere up in the mountains in Northern California. And finally, I would love to talk with Darren, the mutual friend that John and I met through. The whole ending was kind of a sticky mess and ended kind of on a bad note. I just would love to see what he's been up to these last 15 years and make sure he is happy.
1. Strawberries or blueberries? I like all berries, but if I have to choose, I'd say strawberries.
2. "Legally Blonde 2" or "Terminator 3"? Legally Blonde 2, not that I've seen it.
3. Hamburgers or hot dogs? Hamburgers
4. Boating or hiking? Yuck. Neither, but I guess boating. Less physical labor!
5. Suntan lotion or sunblock? Sunblock. Rosacea and sunshine don't go well together!
6. "Big Brother" or "The Amazing Race"? Again, neither.
7. Beach Boys or Jimmy Buffett? Jimmy Buffet, although I don't know a lot of his songs. He just seems more entertaining.
8. Grow your own produce or buy from supermarket/greengrocer/farm stand? Buy from the supermarket, although I would LOVE to grow my own.
9. Drive with car windows/top down, or with air-conditioning on? Depends on the temperature. I prefer windows down, sunroof opened but there are days when it is just TOO hot!
10. Go away for vacation, or stay at home? Going away this year. To Fresno for my brother's wedding.
1. What were your favorite childhood stories? I was always a big fan of the Little Bear books by Maurice Sendak. I always wanted Little Bear's mom to hug me and make me an astronaut helmet. Great books! Also, anything Dr. Seuss was great. The Foot Book and To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street were two of my favorites. Oh! Judy Blume when I was a little older....Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing was hilarious! Poor Peter! Can you tell I read a lot??
2. What books from your childhood would you like to share with [your] children? Got the kids the Dr. Seuss library and Little Bear. When Sebastian was older, he got Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. When Sebastian was little we got the Boynton board books which were great. Hopefully the kids will have fond memories of Birthday Monsters when they get older!
3. Have you re-read any of those childhood stories and been surprised by anything? Not really. I've flipped through the Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing when Sebastian got it and found it just as entertaining. Dr. Seuss will always be Dr. Seuss!
4. How old were you when you first learned to read? I really have no idea, I can't remember a time when I couldn't read. I know I was reading by Kindergarten.
5. Do you remember the first 'grown-up' book you read? How old were you? I remember getting Wifey. I was about 12 or 13. I had convinced my mom it was "just" a Judy Blume book (had all of her other books!).
IF YOU ARE BORED....
1. When is the last time you watched a movie? Ummmm, that's a hard one because we watch so many movies.....I'd have to say a couple of nights ago.
2. What movie was it? Treasure Planet
3. Was it at home or at the movies? At home.
4. Which do you prefer; watching a movie at home or going to the theater? At home. You can always pause!
5. What is the worst movie you have ever seen? Ummm, another hard one. I really don't know, although I know I've watched some pretty stinky movies. Master of Disguise is probably the most recent BAD movie.
7. Have you ever walked out of a theater because a movie was so bad? Nah! I'm too cheap to leave a movie before it's over!
1. Lemonade or Ice Cold Beer? Ice cold beer. The colder the better.
2. Swimming pool or beach? Swimming pool, only because I can't stand the whole salt water thing. I love the beach, but don't love the salt water.
3. Long weekends here & there, or a 2-week vacation? I prefer long weekends, especially with the kids. It's a lot easier on everyone.
4. Destination: Acapulco or Hawaii? Acapulco. I've never had any desire to go to Hawaii.
5. Destination: Mountains or Beach? Beach. Just no swimming (see #2)
6. Hotel/motel/B&B or camping? Being high maintenance, I'd have to say hotel. I've always wanted to stay at a B&B, though. Just have never experienced it.
7. Carefully planned vacation, or play it by ear? Planned vacation, but not so planned to where we are following an agenda.
8. Sneakers or sandals? Sandals....frees my toes....
9. Air-conditioning or fans? Fans, if it's cool enough. When it's so hot, though you have to use A/C.
10. Concerts in the park or baseball games? Concerts in the park.