You have just won one million dollars:
1. Who do you call first? If John is not with me when I win, I would call him first. If he and I are together when I win, I would call his mother.
2. What is the first thing you buy for yourself? The first thing I would buy for myself would be a home (maybe even the home I'm in now!).
3. What is the first thing you buy for someone else? The first thing I would buy for someone else is a home in Virginia for John's mom.
4. Do you give any away? If yes, to whom? I think once I paid off all of my debt and put a nice lump of money away, I would share. I would have to think of with who. There are family members I would like to help out.
5. Do you invest any? If so, how? I would definitely invest! Maybe a little in stock, maybe some in real estate. I would invest in a business for John (dog grooming?).
1. What does it say in the signature line of your emails? My work one just has my title and contact information. My home one has the following quote by John Lennon: "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." I've also taken to the following quote from a relatively unknown kids movie called "Cats Don't Dance": "They can crush your cookies, but you will always have your fortune."
2. Did you have a senior quote in your high school yearbook? What was it? If you haven't graduated yet, what would you like your quote to be? It's been so long ago, I can't remember. Probably something silly like "Keep it real" or "Stay your sweet self."
3. If you had vanity plates on your car, what would they read? If you already have them, what do they say? I've got my first vanity plates! It says LOWTUS, which means, of course, the lotus flower. The lotus is a very strong buddhist symbol. It is a symbol of rebirth and was said to have been what Siddhartha (the original Buddha) was born from. In addition, someone once likened a lotus blossom to life. He said that the lotus blossom was a beautiful blossom that blooms where there is a lot of muck and dirt. Beauty can blossom from anything. For those of you that don't know, I have a lotus blosson tatooed on my right shoulder.
4. Have you received any gifts with messages engraved upon them? What did the inscription say? I'm sure John and I received something from our wedding, but I can't remember.
5. What would you like your epitaph to be? "She had many lessons to learn in this life and will grow even further in her next."
What one thing are you most looking forward to . . .
1. ...today? To get home and play in the fresh first snow....
2. ...over the next week? To get through inventory at work (actually over the next 2 weeks).
3. ...this year? More new adventures in Virginia with my family.
4. ...over the next five years? Ugh! Too long to think about. Just continued happiness. In 5 years, Sebastian will be 14, Keegan will be 10, and Madeline will be 8. We have a lot of changes coming up between now and then!
5. ...for the rest of your life? Same answer as above. Just a continuation of happiness!
On a personal note....We had our first snow today! It's so cool. It's so cool!